Thursday, April 29, 2010

811 Reflections

Well I am glad I made it through. Several suggestions for the future. Do not overlap with 810. Two at once, I couldn't hardly keep track of what was due for which class. I had to make a separate spreadsheet to handle it. Second, don't take a 10 day vacation, overseas, in the middle of any class, let alone a technology class. But here we are.
I am glad to have the opportunity to actually practice technologies. All of my previous professional development concerning these types of technologies were taught by outsiders or non-teachers that make the disclaimer reader at the end of a commercial seem like a slowpoke, never to be seen or heard from again. That makes technology frustrating (like it can't be anyway).
I have incorporated some of the lessons into my classroom already. I can see what does and doesn't work, but overall they seem to be successful. That was one of my goals. My other goal is to set up the cirriulum it an application such as Moodle. While I haven't got a handle on that as of yet, I can see how the lessons I have developed will work it that format.
Also, I may have my first professional development as a teacher. One of our counselors saw what I was doing with the StAIRS project and wants to use Stairs to develop a module to prepare CTE students for college. Cool.
It has been good working with the class. 812 starts today and I'll be in the summer cohort at MSU. Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

  1. Did you turn in the spreadsheet you made as your Educational Application of Excel? That is tough to take both classes at once, but you made it through! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it!!! Carolyn said you were in her 812 class so that will keep you busy too. Your project in 812 could be setting up Moodle. Let me know if you need help!-Melissa

    ReplyDelete